You’re trying to impress your date. You’ve got the lighting dimmed, your smooth jams playlist going, everything is looking good when suddenly your elbow bumps the remote and you’ve switched to a random shuffle of your library. And then it happens. The song guaranteed to ruin the mood begins. This is the beginning of the end.
Every one of the following songs is guaranteed to put an end to a good time, every time.
- Gilbert O’Sullivan -Â Clair
- Michael Jackson -Â Ben
- Alan Jackson – Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning?
- Gordon Lightfood – The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
- Carrie Underwood – Jesus Take the Wheel [editor's note: I did not know this was a real song until the making of this list. I always assumed it was just a hilarious meme.]
- Eric Clapton – Tears in Heaven
- Brandon Heath – Give Me Your Eyes
- Inner Circle – Bad Boys (theme from COPS)
- Rick Dees – Disco Duck
- Loggins & Messina – The House at Pooh Corner